Thursday, April 4, 2013

In the Middle of Nowhere


I find myself thinking,
why was I abandoned here?
In the middle of nowhere
where there is nothing to see
nor water to break the monotony?
Just a never ending land
devoid of personality.
How do I even know
that I'm in the middle of anything?
Must be a glitch in my brain
or I am still dreaming.
Why am I here?
In the most desolate of places?
Where tumbleweeds are my only company?
I can feel fine white sand submerging my feet
soothing me with its soft caresses.
I feel trapped in an endless world,
a speck of imagination easily crushed
by the weight of loneliness.
I can see the dunes forming
so I will lie down and dream
that I'll be miles away when I wake up
instead of being trapped
in the middle of nowhere.




-eamarifosque 04051

No comments:

Post a Comment